Welcome to the

Noble County

Treasurer’s Office


Michele J. Bricker, Treasurer


    Office Staff includes:       

Robin Budd              Amy Norris



Please browse through this page to find information about:

*Contact Information

* Tax Collection Dates and Tax Information

*Assessments and Exemptions

*Tax Sale

*Noble County GIS

* Mobile Home Title Transfers and Moving Permits

(If you own a Mobile Home you must have a title.)


The Treasurer’s Office is located on the 2nd floor of the

Noble County Courthouse in Albion, Indiana.

Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.


Please call our office at 260-636-2644 with any questions you may have.

Our mailing address is:

Noble County Treasurer’s Office

101 North Orange Street

Room 230

Albion, IN  46701




Tax Collection Dates and  

Tax Information


Your 2016 payable real estate, mobile home and personal property taxes 

will be due on the following dates:


Spring installment - Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Fall installment - Thursday, November 10, 2016

Mobile Homes are assessed and payable the same year.  

Real estate and personal property are assessed the prior year.  


Several options are available to make your tax payments:

  • Pay in person by cash, check, money order or cashier’s check at the Noble County Treasurer’s Office, 2nd floor of the Courthouse.


  • Pay by mail.  Must be postmarked on or before the due date.  Please provide a self-addressed/stamped envelope if you would like a receipt sent to you.  Please do not send cash in the mail.  Late payments will incur penalties.


  • Pay by phone by calling 844-556-7318.  User fees will apply.


  • Pay on-line by credit card, debit card or bank transfer/e-check (CLICK HERE). This links to a convenient and secure portal powered by GovTech Services, Inc. allowing taxpayers to easily pay their property taxes on-line – search for parcels, pay for multiple parcels at one time, and schedule future payments.  Taxpayers need not have their tax bill in hand, as the tax amount due can be found through one of the multiple search options available on the site, allowing users to search by name, address or parcel number.  Property tax owners, mortgage companies, local banks, and utility companies can take advantage of the user-friendly platform.  Pay single or multiple parcels at one time.  Credit/Debit card payments will incur a $1.50 transaction fee plus 2.65% or you can pay by bank transfer/e-check for just $2.00 per transaction.  Payment must be made by 4:00 p.m. November 10th.


Partial payment can be made anytime, however your installment total must be paid by the due date to avoid any late fees and/or penalties.  We encourage you to utilize this method of payment if it is easier for you to budget your tax payment. 

REMEMBER - Avoid waiting in line to pay your taxes.  Please make use of the resources available to you –

Credit or debit card or bank transfer/e-check payments can be made on-line or call 1-844-556-7318 to make your payment by phone.  On-line and payments by phone must be made by 4:00 p.m. on the tax due date.

 Late fees and penalties will be added to your tax bill if payments are not paid by the required due date. 

Avoid these added costs by paying early.

Beginning 2016, the owner of record for property tax purposes, will be deteremined by who owned the property as of January 1st of the previous year. 


If you bought property after the assessment date of the previous year or split a property, you will need to have the former owner’s name and find out from the title company who is responsible for paying the taxes.  With split properties, you will need to contact the Auditor’s office and the Assessor’s Office to have a split sheet done before you pay the taxes.




Assessment and Exemption


 Questions concerning assessments and exemptions should be directed to the

appropriate office as noted below:


Assessed Property Value -

Contact the Noble County Assessor’s Office



Exemptions for Homestead, Mortgage, Veteran’s, Veteran’s/Age,

Age (65 year), GeoThermal, Disability –

 Contact the Noble County Auditor’s Office



Drainage Assessments - 

Contact the Noble County Surveyor's Office




Tax Sale

Delinquent taxes could result in your property being sold on Tax Sale.  Pay your taxes on time and avoid the fees and penalties associated with allowing your property to go to tax sale.

The tax sale date for 2016 is October 4th at 10:00 a.m.  The sale will be held in the Dekko Meeting Room at the Noble County Office Complex - South, 2090 North State Road 9, Albion, IN  46701.   Please arrive by 9:30 a.m. to register to participate in the sale. 

For information on tax sale properties, go to http://www.sri-taxsale.com 




Noble County GIS

Please visit this web-site for helpful information on your properties.


or by accessing the link at www.nobleco.squarespace.com




Mobile Home

Moving Permits and Title Transfers


 If you are moving a mobile home, you are required to have a moving permit.  Per State Statute, the title must be in the current owner's name before a moving permit will be issued. 

Beginning in 2013, State Statute requires that mobile home titles be in the current mobile home owner's name.  You will need to bring the mobile home title with you to the Treasurer’s Office to transfer the title.

If the mobile home title has been lost, you will need to apply through the courts to get a new title issued. 

All taxes (delinquent and current) associated with the mobile home must be paid in order for a title transfer or moving permit to be completed. 

If you are buying a mobile home, you will come to our office with the title to complete the paperwork to transfer the title to the new owner(s). 

If the mobile home is being purchased on contract, State Statute requires the contract to be recorded and to specify who is responsible for the taxes until the contract is paid and released. 

AGAIN - prior to a moving permit or transfer of title being issued,

all taxes must be paid-in-full on the mobile home.

Be sure all taxes have been paid BEFORE you purchase a mobile home.